Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just another day... No its a SURPRISE!!!

Yesterday was the day i was introduced into this world 26 yrs back.. I am the kind who does not fuss too much bout my bday.. unlike a few others i know who go like.. oh its my bday..so i have to something to make it special.. for me its always been just another day.. yes i do become a call center that day recieving calls from friends n family.. which i def inetly enjoy.. n i generally wrap it up by going for dinner with friends.. but this year it was different.. last year too it was zara hatke types.. i was in singapore then n so was my girl.. n she took me on a international holiday.. to a beach resort in malaysia on the south china sea.. it was an amazinly getaway.. n wht a way to have your bday celebrated.. yes my poor friends din like it much coz my fone was unreachable.. so none could call to wish me ;)

As for this year.. got a coupla calls at midnite.. another couple early in the morning..after which i was pretty much on the fone recieving..jumping n reteriving calls.. had a friend over late in the afternoon for a chat.. after which at about 5 PM i was out meeting my girl so tht we go pick shades for me (we had narrowed down that this would by my gift this yr).. she had been going on for a while that how she was sorry coz she cudnt take me on another getaway like last year.. i reassured her that i dint expect to be whisked away to an exotic destination on every bday of mine.. n the plan this time was that both of us go for a quite dinner.. as for the shades we checked out a few places but dint find good one so after grabbing a quit bite a Mac we decided to head back home.. so that i cud change n go for dinner.. all through our shoppin experience she was busy msging.. i did ask which one of her fans was she msging franatically.. for which i got a reply.. “its something at work”.. din probe too much into it n let it go.. by this time it was already a coupla hours.. so we decided to head back home.. on the way i get a call from one of my friends.. who after wishing me asks.. So how was the surprise party.. i say “dude.. there was no party i was aware of.. n now even if it were to happen now i wouldnt be too surprised about it” he went off on a different tangent this time.. so after the call i asked my girl.. hon are we having a surprise party?? She replied “yeah rite.. v’ll have tht too” i gave it a thought.. shes been at work all day.. n after that we have been out shopping.. so where on earth ws the time for the surprise party.. so i rubbished my friend’s suggestions thinking he got confused somewhere.. by the time we could wade through the horrendous bangalore traffic and reach home it was almost 8 and i was quite drained and pissed about the mess that my city has become. Parked my bike..n i see my rommie bike parked too but the lights at home are not on.. so i ask her.. “darling whats happening??” Why is there no light at home.. she repiled “how should i know.. mabbe you should call him and find out” my brain was too numb to pursue it any further thanks to the bludy traffic.. so i dint think much if it n i headed to the door....

I put the key in but find that the door’s not locked and i just had to push it open.. i see a drak room and a bunch of people shouting SURPRISE rushed to me.. i had no clue who was in there because it was dark.. and finally went the light came on.. i see a bunch of my friends jumping up.. the place decorated and decked up..and my rommie with the camera to capture my reactions.. all this was too much information at once for my brains to process.. i walked in in disbelief..infact quite shocked at the whole thing.. still unable to decipher how all this had happened.. because she dint know half the people there and i was contemplating sometime back that yes i should introduce her to all my friends.. but here they were.. all ganged up to celebrate my bday.. the cake..booze and the food followed.. and offcourse more guests dropping in. And evey entry being a surprise because i had no idea who all were invited.. in the last 26 yrs there have been a few occasions when i have cut the cake.. but a surprise party and that too so meticiously planned.. noways.. this was the first time.. n i must say i was COMPLETELY surprised.. (even after my friend spilling it out by mistake). I must say it was truely great..that someone actually cares for you so much and organises such a thing and have friends who are so amazing to play along.. wow.. to think of it.. its all slowly sinking now.. and for the record.. It wasnt just another day.. It WAS a SURPRISE!!!

1 Comments:

At November 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well happy birthday!! Belated anyways.. or a little early for next year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home